Foundation 191 is seeking donations and in-kind contributions so that we can continue the work we do on behalf of students and teachers in ISD One91. Click here to learn more Become a Sponsor.
Thank you for your generous support of the Burnsville High School Community Scholarship Program. Your participation supports Burnsville High School graduates as they embark on their post-secondary educational journey. We hope your organization will once again participate in this important program to recognize and reinforce the hard work in academics, the participation in activities, the volunteerism and leadership that our student recipients exhibit. Together we can celebrate our deserving students with continued support for their academic futures.
We are continuing the same donor process for the 2020-2021 scholarship year. Our goals continue to be to foster close communication with the donors, obtain and record up-to-date information regarding each scholarship and provide detailed information and the timeline for the scholarship process for the 2021 awards. To aid us in this process, we again are asking you to complete an online donor information form. The link to the form is included in the body of your email and at the end of this letter. Providing this information to us will ensure a smooth seamless process moving forward and allow us to have updated and accurate information for the students to consider as they complete the scholarship application process. The donor form must be submitted to Foundation 191 no later than November 15, 2021.
Scholarship Selection and Awards
Each scholarship donor and donor organization is unique in their priorities for selecting scholarship recipients. We are happy to accommodate those priorities. To facilitate a smooth and transparent process for everyone we ask you to consider the following.
1) The Foundation 191 Scholarship Selection Committee will select the scholarship recipients for those donors requesting we do so. Your stated criteria/priorities will be used to make the selections. The committee uses a blind process to select the recipients. All identifying information is removed from the students’ applications before they are given to the committee to review. The committee will award only one scholarship per student in order to provide scholarships to the greatest number of recipients possible.
2) You are welcome to choose your own recipient(s) and to use the general scholarship application form the students submit to Foundation 191. If you are using a separate application, please submit a copy of the application to us no later than January 7, 2021. We will make all applications available to Burnsville High School seniors through our online application information page and the Career Center at BHS. We ask that you follow our timeline for selecting your recipients. The application time period for students will be from February 1 – March 1, 2021. Selection of recipients by the scholarship selection committee will be completed by April 2, 2021. If you as a donor are choosing the scholarship recipient(s), their name(s) must be submitted to Foundation 191 no later than April 2, 2021. If you have a special circumstance that does not allow you to meet the deadline, please contact Foundation 191.
3) Invitations to attend the scholarship awards ceremony will be sent to all scholarship recipients on April 21, 2021. The invitation will indicate that the student is receiving a scholarship(s), but they will not know which scholarship(s) until they arrive at the ceremony on May 19, 2021.
4) If you are providing a person(s) to present your scholarship(s) at the award ceremony on May 19, 2021, but did not include the name(s) on the donor form, please send the name(s) to Foundation 191 no later than April 15, 2021 so that information can be included in the award ceremony program.
5) There will be a reception beginning at 6:00 p.m. prior to the award ceremony, which begins at 7:00 p.m. The reception is a time for scholarship recipients and donors to meet and greet one another. 6) If we are unable to safely have the reception and award ceremony in-person because of COVID 19, we will hold the ceremony virtually as we did this past year. All donors and scholarship recipients will receive an invitation and link to access the virtual ceremony.Back to Top
Log in to your PayPal account or continue with a credit card.
Foundation 191 has teamed up with Pahl’s Market for a Spring Garden Sale; offering over 60
The BHS Community Scholarship Program awards scholarships to
CLASSIC CARS & CANDY – CANCELLED New This Year! Join Foundation 191
Foundation 191 is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation qualified to accept tax deductible contributions and
donations, bequests, devises, transfers, and/or gifts.
Copyright © 2006-2020 Foundation 191. All Rights Reserved.